Job Title: Youth Pastor
Reports To: Campus Pastors
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: 7/1/2021
Summary: The Youth Pastor is responsible for pastoring students, leading the youth Worship Experience, cultivating a healthy adult and student volunteer team culture, and overseeing all aspects of the youth ministry/department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide pastoral care to middle school and high school students
- Develop vision and culture of the youth program
- Assure each Worship Experience is staffed with volunteer teams for areas under their direction
- Recruit, develop, mentor, and train adult and student volunteers
- Implement and direct volunteer training programs
- Oversee departmental and ministry events (e.g., youth camp, youth mission outings, other special events)
- Attend campus leadership meetings, as directed
- Develop and maintain departmental budgets
- Plan activities as needed for ministry areas
- Provide pastoral assistance during main Worship Experiences, including attendance counting, offering, and greeting at door
- Provide pastoral care during office hours and on Pastor on Duty rotation
- Maintain correct information in Church databases (e.g., Planning Center)
- Other duties as may be assigned
Supervisory functions: Has Supervisory functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.