Job Title: Live Production Director
Department: Creative Arts
Reports To: Media Development Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: 2-18-2020
Summary: The Live Production Director executes all location needs related to audio, video, and lighting, ensuring delivery with excellence during Worship Experiences and meetings. This position will coordinate, operate, and provide technical support for video, audio, lighting, and production equipment for weekly Worship Experiences, special events, and offsite events. This position also provides leadership and training to the Production, Technical, and Audio staff and volunteers at Victory Church OKC Campus, and other campuses as needed, specifically as it pertains to the state of the art “tools of the trade” used by the Live Production and Worship teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Creative Arts Pastor to assume primary responsibility for the coordination and operation of production team and AVL equipment in all Victory venues.
- Champion all audio, video, and lighting equipment at Victory Church.
- Ensure weekly that venue stages, production areas, and booths are clean, organized, Experience ready, and in working order.
- Monthly, assist Edmond Campus (and possible future campuses) with routine AVL assistance.
- Understand basic concepts including, but not limited to, electrical safety, rigging, video switching, cabling, circuits, audio, lighting and video equipment.
- Serve as primary Director over all aspects of the Production Volunteer Team, including recruitment, training, pastoral care, scheduling, ministry relations, leadership development, appreciations, social events, and database management.
- Build and maintain a strong, healthy Production team, recruiting and adding new members regularly.
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers to operate production equipment. Training programs should include style, team building, spiritual development, technical levels for advancement, and vision casting.
- Understand and advocate for the Live Production team, including cross-training within the department and communicating the “why” behind the production team in the local church.
- Design and implement stage set designs bi-annually.
- Program lighting for Worship Experiences and events at the OKC Campus.
- Participate in vendor contract negotiations for new AVL equipment and services purchased for the church.
- Manage and maintain accounts within the annual Production budget.
- Provide audio/visual/lighting technological guidance within the organization.
- Serve as primary troubleshooting and management contact for audio, video, and lighting systems, including updating hardware, software, and equipment firmware; regularly cleaning and maintaining projectors, lighting, equipment racks and other equipment, loading and programming content for Experiences and events.
- Provide oversight and assistance to worship-technical related software (Mainstage, Ableton, DAWs, etc.).
Supervisory functions: No Supervisory functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Kingdom-minded first.
- Positive, enjoyable, whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Heart of a servant – this is more than a job and it’s never “just another Sunday” or “just another service.”
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the vision of the team and church.
- Demonstrate commitment to spiritual and professional growth.
- Ability to work well with others, cultivate a team-building atmosphere, and nurture relationships with co-workers and Dream Teamers.
- Ability to perform job requirements in high-energy and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to work non-traditional hours on nights and weekends as needed.
- Willingness to work in and understand the intricacies of a ministry-conscious environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and calmly.
Staff Core Values/Staff Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should adhere to the Staff Core Values and demonstrate the related competencies:
We can only lead someone to a place that He has led us to first.
Visionary Leadership – Our staff displays passion and optimism, which inspires respect and trust. They provide vision and inspiration to their teammates, mobilizing others to fulfill the vision.
Leadership – A leader effectively influences the actions and opinions of others, motivating them to perform well. They give appropriate recognition and accept feedback from others.
We will intentionally grow personally and professionally.
Adaptability – Our team is able to adapt to changes in the work environment, changing the approach or method to best fit the situation. They are able to manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes or unexpected events.
Quality – Our staff look for ways to improve and promote quality, monitoring their own work to ensure accuracy and thoroughness. They apply feedback in their quest to improve performance.
Initiative – Our team members undertake self-development activities, seeking increased responsibilities. They look for opportunities, taking independent actions and calculated risks.
Change Management – Our team builds commitment for change through effective communication, preparing and supporting those affected by change. Implementation plans are workable, with results evaluated.
Technical Skills – Our staff pursues training and development opportunities to continuously build knowledge and skills, which they share with others. They are able to assess their own strengths and weaknesses.
We are committed to maintain emotional, spiritual, physical, and financial health.
Motivation – We set challenging goals, looking for persistence and the ability to overcome obstacles. We measure ourselves against a standard of excellence.
Interpersonal Skills – Our staff are able to keep emotions under control, effectively solving conflict. They are active listeners and are open to others’ ideas. We strongly believe in maintaining confidentiality.
Problem Solving – It’s necessary for our team to work well in group problem-solving situations, using reason, even when dealing with emotional issues.
We champion the vision of this church because our ministries are not ours.
Innovation – Our staff are team players, developing innovative ideas and suggestions for improving work. They display original thinking and creativity, with a view toward the mission and vision of Victory.
Teamwork – Our staff puts the success of the team above their own interests, supporting everyone’s efforts to succeed. They exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, giving and welcoming feedback.
We believe that hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
Attendance/Punctuality – Our staff believes in being on time for meetings and appointments. They ensure that work responsibilities are covered when absent and help cover teammate’s absences.
Planning/Organizing – Our staff uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities.
Dependability – Our staff takes responsibility for their own actions, communicating with management as needed, keeping commitments, and completing tasks on time.
We will always remember where we came from and how far God has brought us.
Organizational Support – Our staff knows and embraces our church’s goals and values, recognizing that they are the foundation of the ministry. The policies and procedures are followed to move us through the process effectively.
We believe respect is earned; honor is given.
Professionalism – Our staff treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, always approaching in a tactful manner. We react well under pressure and accept responsibility for our own actions.
Ethics – Our staff inspires the trust of others by keeping commitments, working with integrity, and upholding organizational values.